Monday, March 19, 2012

Shaping Up

 B washing her feet and picking toe jam mid ride. 
 (my personal training secret!)

Both 2012 and my svelte(r) body are starting to shape up.  As most of you know, at the end of last season I upgraded to Elite in the EFTA series and then got my arse spanked in the season finale.  I expect things to be much the same for most of the 2012 campaign.  Hopefully I'll have a few standout races that I'll finish well in (mostly because nobody else bothers to show up...) but those are likely to be few and far between but that's ok, it's my first season with the big boys so it's expected.

In addition to the EFTA schedule,  I've got a few other doozies in mind.  Of course there will be the Bradbury 12 so that Alby and I can try to swat the Freye's again and, if I can convince Marcy that I'm not an overly competitive prick (note to self, don't let Marcy see last post), maybe we'll team up for the Millstone 12

2012 also sees me returning to the Hampshire 100 now that it's part of the NUE series.  I didn't do it the last two years since it's the same weekend as the Off Road Tri but I'm hoping that with a bit more preparation, I can race both days and not completely die as surely there will be some big boys in town to throw down. 

And then there's the race I'm most looking forward to/dreading.  SSUSA.  I didn't really intend to do the race this year but when I checked registration a while back and saw that it was sold out, I just had to put my name on the waiting list.  Just because.  Well, last week I got an e-mail from Ms. Wissel that a spot had opened and before you knew it, I was signed up for will likely be my death sentence.  I guess I need to start riding SS some again this year.



No comments: