Wednesday, December 12, 2012

So Nice of You To Care 

Three weeks ago, I got the OK from the doc to resume life again.  The hip isn't totally healed yet but the x-rays finally showed signs of healing AND I was able to walk without pain (but with a limp) so I was given the green light to do anything that I was comfortable with.  At first, I just started walking without my cane, doing the elliptical at the gym and upping my swimming but with everybody nagging me to get off my ass  


I had to do something so I've started spin classes, riding the trainer on occasion and doing some full body workout classes at the gym.  Those HIT (High Intensity Training) classes will be kicking my ass this winter.  As I type, my only fully functioning muscles are in my fingers while everything else refuses to move/threatens to cramp.  For somebody who revels in pushing himself to the pain threshold, this is a very good thing.  If you happen to be one of my VERY LUCKY Strava followers, you can see that the activity level has been turned all the way up to 11.

 
Hopefully, with all of this training (over two hours at the gym yesterday), I won't be a total waste when I finally get to hit some of this in my backyard. 

When will it be?  I'm not sure yet but I prepped all of the bikes this past weekend so that as soon as the tower gives the OK I can hit it (really slowly).

Cheers.

No comments: