Monday, May 10, 2010



Is It a Sign?

After yet another epic fail on the fork front yesterday, I was moping around the house like a self loathing 13 year old girl. Eventually, Marcy got sick of it and sent me out for a ride knowing that there is no better way to improve my mood. I could have just found out I have terminal penis cancer and I'd still by a happy camper after a quick ride. The ride wasn't anything special, just a quick loop through the Schmid Preserve on the El, it was short at 1:18 and it was windy as a mother but it was just what this boy needed to be in a chipper mood the rest of the day.

Towards the beginning of the ride I noticed something drop out of the trees in front of me. I was in a pine forest so I assumed it was a pine cone. Upon further inspection I saw that it was actually a decapitated mole (pictured above). I couldn't decide whether it was a peace offering from my friend the hawk saying that we're finally cool despite out multiple encounters OR, it was a warning. Sort of a reverse horses' head in your bed warning from the mob. Being a positive person, I chose to believe that it was a peace offering, tucked the mole into my jersey pocket and headed out for the rest of my ride.

I used the ride to do a final check on the route that I take groups on. Last week, there was some banter from the Bathers about coming up to ride so I wanted to make sure everything was kosher and I'm happy to report that the trails are in fine condition and ready to rip.

2 comments:

EndlessBikeCo. said...

"tucked the mole into my jersey pocket..." what happened next with the mole?...sans head...

rick is! said...

musn't insult the gracious host so I'm saving it for a special occasion.