Wednesday, March 31, 2010

One More Break

Woke up this morning and it was raining, again, for the third straight day. As a result, I couldn't drag myself out of bed to go for a jog on soggy trails or to ride my road bike in the rain. AGAIN. Instead, I've decided to take an uber easy day. No running. No riding. No pilates/stretching. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. Unfortunately, this all comes on the morning that I notice my weight has crept back up two pounds. Oh well, some prunes and a nice, satisfying BM and I'll be back in line.

Speaking of pilates and my weight. I know that I'm making some good progress on both fronts. I still feel like an asthmatic child when I'm riding but I feel a bit leaner and stronger in the core section. On Sunday, while doing my morning routine, I took a couple of timer pics while I was doing pilates to check my form and I gotta say. Not bad. Not bad at all. I was tempted to post the pics but I didn't think anyone really wanted to see me in nothing but boxers. I'm a whore for attention but I really don't want to start getting love notes with dirty underwear in the mail from Jason. A boy need to draw the line somewhere.

Assuming the weather dudes have it right and we got a stellar day tomorrow, I'll be riding in Bath tomorrow with the boys. KillBill always puts the hurting on me so I need to save the legs. KB has been doing intervals for weeks now so my slow ass is always put in the hurt locker. It's a good hurt though and group rides always turn out to be a better workout than when I ride alone so the training will be nice.

I finally got a finished pic from my brother of his new to him NON FIXIE, NON HIPSTER commuter. Shit, he's even got brakes on that thing. I still dig it though.

No comments: