Friday, May 11, 2012

What A Difference A Day Makes

Yesterday I did something I never do - talk about how much I've been riding.  Well, today I wake up and feel like a lazy turd because I didn't do a lick of exercise yesterday and I likely won't today given that it's a Friday and there is beer to be drunk and guacamole to be eaten tonight.  I'm not sure when Friday night rides became verboten but they have in my mind so I'll live it up (as much as any middle aged husband and father can do) tonight and hope for some good rides this weekend so I can keep my slowly increasing fitness and ever so slowly decreasing weight in line.

I have news that would make most middle aged husbands/fathers foaming at the mouth.  There are now six chicks living with us.  No, I haven't become a Mormon, we've added some new chickens to our flock (currently down to two after weasel, fox and hawk predation).



We decided to change things up a bit this time and get four egg layers and two meat birds.


I'm not sure how keen I am on killing and plucking a chicken but I know that if I tap out, Marcy should be able to finish the job since, in the past, she's taken a dead, rotten seal and boiled and skinned it for soup - er - research. 

No comments: