Thursday, April 26, 2012

Faster! Faster!

If there is one thing that I know at this point of the early spring season, it's that I need to get faster. Fast. I mentioned that I was going to the fastest road ride in the state a couple of weeks ago. What I failed to mention afterwards was just how horribly it went and how quickly I was dropped. No worries though because I'm a sucker for punishment and I'll be back as soon as my schedule allows (maybe next week) and at some point this summer I'll be able to hang. Hopefully. In the meantime, I'm trying to hang with the fastest mountain bike group ride in the state. I can ALMOST hang there since there is more than pure fitness required and I do, in fact, have a modest amount of technical skill but it's oh so hard watching Sebastian and Mr. Freye pull away from me after every regroup. Fast fuckers. 

No comments: