Friday, April 27, 2012

Riding With the Massa 

It's gotten pretty rare for Marcy and I to ride together. We both enjoy it but with a kid, full time jobs and what not, it's just difficult to pull it off. Thankfully, sometimes the stars align and we're given a window of opportunity. That happened last weekend when the father-in-law took the spud for not one but TWO nights. Rejoice! Marcy and I took full advantage to get our first Camden ride of the year in.

There is good news and bad news in Camden these days.  The town and the local land trust are working together to create new trails which is sweet.  The sad part is that they are also putting in some cross country ski trails right smack dab in the middle of Camden's finest singletrack.  Three or so miles of primo stuff built (actually built with bench cuts and everything) are gone forever.  The good news is that they are adding trails back rather quickly and the new stuff is fun as well.  Marcy and I did the new outer loop for lap one and it is sure to please.

Note, I didn't doctor this photo to get Marcy's skin to glow.  
That's just what us Mainers call "spring skin".
After our first loop, Marcy headed off to town to spend my prize gift certificate from last year's Runoff at Maine Sport Outfitters while I made a run to the top and tried to piece together some of the old decimated singletrack.  The ride to the top is still sweet but I almost cried when I saw what happened to the lower trails.

This photo has nothing to do with the weekend's ride but these were some tasty sweet potato tacos that Marcy made last night.  Yummers.


Oh, and do any of you ever wonder what your co-workers think of you?  Well, yesterday one of mine said he saw a video over the weekend that made him immediately think of me.  Everyone in the office watched it (including my boss) and agreed wholeheartedly.  I don't know if I should be proud or ashamed.  Check it.


No comments: