Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Lean and Mean

Way back when, I attempted (unsuccessfully) to institute a squirrel rating system to my rides. It worked well for a while but it didn't have the legs to sustain itself and, to be quite honest, I got tired of searching for squirrel images on the internet. Plus, eventually the authorities might start thinking of it as deviant behavior...

So, the squirrel photo below isn't so much a rating as it is a feeling. I'm not sure why exactly but physically I'm feeling freaking awesome recently. Am I super fast on the bike? No. But my overall fitness is feeling pretty spot on with all of the running recently, core work, bits of riding and probably most importantly, lack of daily beer in my diet. Who knew that 3-4 beers a night could weigh you down so much??? :) The best part is that going into the holiday season (with three christmas parties under my belt already) I've managed to drop five pounds and am back at my race weight from last season. Good times, good times.

1 comment:

Jason said...

I hate you. And you are a squirrel loving perv. AND I am jealous.

And because I am too lazy to double comment, great Wal Mart comments. Shit was probably almost free, and as ugly and as big as sweaters can get. Party on my thinning, bad sweater wearing, weight losing, bastard friend. Party on.