Thursday, February 18, 2010

Things Aren't Going As Planned

Well, this just sucks. This really comes as no great shock to me but maybe it will help if I say it out loud. I'm a weak man. Put food in my vicinity and I'll eat it. Even if I'm not hungry. Sure, occasionally, I'm able to act like a mature person and pass up the tasty bits right in front of my nose but more days than not, I end up gorging myself at some point during the day. Blast it all. In order to fight this, I always attempt to bring plenty of healthy food figuring if my belly is stuffed with goodness than I won't feel the need for a candy bar or two. Sometimes this works, sometimes not. Here is today's menu.




2 oranges
2 apples
1 banana
1 nectarine
1 large and very colorful salad
broccoli
ravioli's with parmesan and olive oil
a two pieces of homemade garlic bread (without tons of butter)

for most people, this would get them through a work day quite easily but there are days that I can go through this in a morning and then hit the honor bar in the afternoon (come to think of it, I blame all this on the honor bar). No wonder I'm a fatty right now. So, since the "diet" doesn't seem to be working, it's time to up the ante and do something I've been dreading ever since the Bradbury 12. Ride my bike more. I know, I know, it sounds like a pretty extreme solution to a pretty simple problem but I think that is what it will take. "But Racin Rick (that's right, my friends call me racin rick. that's not weird is it?) wouldn't it be easier and more enjoyable to just amputate something?" Yes, that is true and just think of all the money I'd save buying left over department store display shoes when I only have one leg, but that seems like the easy way out. No, there is other way. I must RIDE MY BIKE. God help us all.

2 comments:

Laps said...

At least you are 6'3" and 180. I am 5'8" and 175. I have ways to go.

rick is! said...

try 6'-3" and 198. still look fairly lean compared to other folks though.