Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I'm Useless

How easy is it to flush 2 1/2 weeks of progress down the toilet? Pretty frickin' easy it turns out. I started out the week having lost a very respectable (and totally made up since I didn't weigh myself) four pounds in the last 2-3 weeks which put me on target to hit my goal weight by spring. But then yesterday happened. Approximately 2 1/2 pounds of the best mashed potatoes ever (nice job Marcy!) probably close to a pound of pork tenderloin (again, delish), a hamburger, fries, can of dew (or two)and two drumsticks.and voila! back up clydesdale status. Nice job Rick, nice job.

Thursday, I met up with the gents to do some snowmobile trail riding. It was my first trail ride on snow this winter and my first trail ride with my new pogies. To say that I was riding shitty would be a drastic understatement. I was getting schooled everywhere by everyone. First, since it was my first winter trail ride this year I was diamond in the sphincter apprehensive on all of the icy sections (IE-frozen downhill streams), second, with pogies your only bailout option from the bars is straight back instead of off the side, front, below, back etc. that you're usually allowed. This lead to a couple of funny endoes where I truly thought that I'd end up augured head first into the snow while my hands were still firmly attached to the bars. Good times, good times.

In the end, we put in nearly 3 hrs of ride time and I was completely knackered by the time we got back well after 10pm. Next time I promise to not embarrass myself.

most of the trail was of the packed atv variety. ready to rip.
channing and steve ready for an attitude adjustment.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: