Tuesday, December 29, 2009

How Ricky Got His Groove Back

Something strange happened over the holidays (and no, I'm not talking about the cross dressing here and here). No, what I'm talking about is the mojo to blog AND ride. I've hardly done either in the last couple of weeks. When I'm riding on a regular basis the blogging takes care of itself because of all the hijinks that I get myself involved in and the ensuing hilarity rivals some of the best british comedy. Sure, us yanks don't understand any of it what with the weird language they speak over there and everything, but it's still pure brilliance as I'm sure you'll all attest.

My major issue is that I've come to L-O-V-E sleep. This isn't a totally new concept for me but my inability to deny myself the luxury is. Lately, when the alarm goes off at 5am for either my morning commute or morning jog, I've given it the finger, rolled over and slept for another couple of hours. The good news is that I'm actually well rested for once, the bad news is that I feel like a tub of cream cheese.

So, the big question is, how do I get my groove back? I have neither the budget nor the time to go on a girls only trip to some sunny place to hit on hunky guys (I'm guessing that's what Stella did since I NEVER saw the movie. really) and, as far as I know, there are no outdoor film festivals coming our way to stoke the fires either. What to do, what to do?

Plan A was for my buddy Kevin and I to ride at lunch today. It was his suggestion so I ASSUMED he'd follow through so, this morning, instead of trying to get up to commute I drove in with the bike in tow only to see Kevin's Tacoma with no frickin bike! Bastada. Fargin ice hole. So the question is, can I get my lazy ass out for a lunch time spin or do I try for an after work jaunt after the temps have dropped approximately 182 1/2 degrees? Only time will tell.


Maybe some oysters on the half shell that I got from Satan Clause will help. Wait a minute, was this more a present for me or Marcy? Wink, wink, nudge, nudge.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: