Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Tick, tick, tick

With only about three days til the Bradbury 12 I'm finding it hard to think of much else. In fact, if I didn't have this pesky little house I'm frantically trying to finish before winter it probably would be THE only thing I'd be thinking about.

Today, I had planned an early but easy commute this morning and then a short but intense ride home after work to open the legs up a bit. It was a solid plan which would allow me to get a quick ride in, 10 hours at work and then a few hours of work on the house but, sadly, it wasn't meant to be. During the night I woke up with a sore throat and immediately starting hearing ominous music in the background and thought, "shit, am I going to be sick this weekend???". Sure, one of my coworkers, who I spent a bunch of time working with yesterday, called me last night to tell me that her family has been quarantined by the cdc (no frickin joke) so what did I have to worry about??? Anyway, I didn't want anything to get in the way of me making good bike race (thanks Dicky) this weekend so I shut off the alarm and slept in to an ungodly 6:15. Notify the authorities! It wasn't much but the extra 1:30 of sleep seem to have done the trick and my sore throat is gone. Hopefully for good.

No comments: