Saturday, April 25, 2009

Mental Health Day


Marcy took pity on me on Friday and cut me loose so that I could get in a proper mountain bike group ride. The Rage on Portland group was hitting up some unknown to me trails just a half hour away from the soon to be new digs so there was no way I was going to miss it. To top it off, the ride was being led by my Winter XC compatriot Steve K. so I knew I'd have a good challenge trying to keep up with him and his top notch tech skills on his Santa Cruz Blur Lt. Steve and the trails didn't disappoint. For a fairly in-town park, there was a surprisingly vast network of trails from buff double track to scary as hell, off camber rocky/rooty, slip and you go for a swim singletrack. It was a hell of a good time and a chance for me to hone my tech skills and ride with actual human people for a change. Thanks for the ride guys.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jason said...

Nice. I too interacted with other humans this weekend. OK, it was just ONE, but it's a start.