Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Big Tough Guy



You know what the problem with being a big tough guy is? Most of you probably don't know since I've met a bunch of you and know for a fact that you're not big tough guys. MAYBE, you're little emaciated biker boy tough guys but definitely not a big tough guy like me. If you (and if when I say "you" you think that I'm talking about you, I probably am) need a metaphor to help you understand, let's just say you're a 90 lb weakling and I'm a 100 lb weakling. Ok, now that we're all on the same page, the problem with being such a manly, leg waxing tough guy is that when you get sick, your true weenieness shows through. Over the weekend, Marcy was VERY sick, throwing up close to 20 times on Friday alone and was down for the count for a couple of days. Sunday, though still being sick, she hoisted herself up and watched B so that I could work on the house. Holy crap, I'm rambling on about nothing here. Time to get to the point me-thinks. So anyway, Monday I start feeling like crap and before you know it I'm down and spend the entire day sleeping on the couch. Super tough guy huh? At least I did throw up a total of 0 (that zero, Z-E-R-O) times. What a wus. Throw a 12 hour race my way and I'm your man, throw a seriously minor flu bug my way and I'll scury away with my tail between my legs.

The good news is that because I was feeling sick for a couple of days I had essentially no caffeine during that time and it has allowed me to ween myself off the bean. I'll never give up coffee entirely but I was drinking so much that I'm surprised my penis didn't whistle while I peed (not whistle while you work whistle but old timey teapot whistle). Now that I'm cut way back on caffeine I feel surprisingly good.

Now, if I can find some time to ride.

8 comments:

Laps said...

In my experience women are much tougher than guys when it comes to sickness, childbirth, and basically anything that doesn't involve lifting over 30 pounds.

rick is! said...

or being punched. when I punch marcy she cries like a baby.

Laps said...

No, I always cry when Aliza hits me. I don't let her see it, though.

Anonymous said...

Good for you for cutting back on the coffee. Not so bad now, is it? Though I must admit I still grab a cup of it at work from time to time. Still love the taste and the effects!

rick is! said...

I feel great actually. My mind is much clearer. Still sip decaf all day though because I do like it.

Mike J said...

Good job on cutting down on the caffeine. That stuff just isn't very good for you.

Wheels said...

What is with this gang up on caffeine campaign? Biking and beaning go together.

rick is! said...

oh, trust me, I love coffee. Too much actually. I was drinking so much that it was making me feel really crappy.