Monday, December 29, 2008



B-lates



No matter how much I try (or at least pretend to) I can't seem to get out to ride much but I have been trying to fill the gaps with other activities. I've been jogging with the pooch more than is natural for me but at least we've got a good variety of roads and hills to keep it interesting. We've also had a bunch of snow recently and it is suprising fun to run in a white-out. You should try it sometime. With all of the snow, I've also been doing LOTS of shoveling. 6 hours worth from the last storm, that's a freakin lot of shoveling. Our neighbor joked with me that it would get me in good shape at least. Sure, if hunched over is a shape. When I find the motivation I also do pilates (gotta keep the tummy and buns toned right???). Of course, sometimes B wants to help, enter B-lates. With a little creativity, I can add her to my workout and up the ante on some of the moves. I figure that by the time she's 16 I'll be totally ripped.

We've been without internet access at our new place for over a week and my right eye was starting to develop a twitch. Theoretically the place has wi-fi but the reality is that it wasn't freakin working no matter how many times I started the computer and willed it to. Thankfully, though an act of pure genius on my part, I asked my computer geek brother to figure it out; and he did. So, as of today, we're up and running today. I was jonesing so bad for blog surfing that this morning after my first cup of coffee when nature called I had an important decision to make. Cut weight or surf the net. Thankfully, technology stepped in (and my sense of dignity stepped out) and it turns out that our wi-fi works from the first floor powder room. Marcy, if you're reading this, I'd suggest not using the computer this evening.

No comments: