Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The New Digs


Now that the whole fam is moved into our new digs down in the Habah life seems to be getting back to normal. Now that I'm not living at the office I don't get as much work done but it sure is nice to have a bit more balance in my life. I see Marcy and B more, I'm finally commuting to work via bike again, we have a yard for B to play in and I have a joggers paradise of roads and hills on the penninsula that we're living on. In the pic below, you can see the house location (the yellow push pin). Just below that is a maze of roads and lotsa hills. Between commuting a few times a week and hitting those hills twice a day, every day, on foot, I'm finally feeling like I'm getting back into shape. Yay me!





Yesterday, I pulled the trigger on some new parts for 2009's (hopeful) race bike. It feels like I'm being a bit premature since I'm not 100% sure I'll build a new bike for next year but Sram's Bikeman.com team sponsorship orders need to be in by Jan 2 so what is a boy to do? Hopefully, now that I have a new Reba, Juicy Ultimates, handle bar, post and a few other various bits coming I'll be more likely to actually build up a new rig next season. If the house stays in budget (knock on wood) I'll be golden.

3 comments:

Wheels said...

Did you choose the Ultimate based on weight? The Elixir seems like it has a good thing going. Remember I have 0 experience with disc brakes hydraulic or otherwise.

rick is! said...

Simple, I chose the Juicy's because Al told me to. Plus they come in a really cool anodized blue to match the color scheme of the selma.

Jason said...

Juicy Ultimates look shweet to me man. That bike is gonna rock.