Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Overheard Recently



Me: We should set a limit on Christmas gifts this year.

Marcy: What do you mean? You're getting a bike for Christmas!

Me: No I'm not.

Marcy: Yes you are.

Me: No I'm not.

Marcy: Yes you are.

I admit, that for most people, that was probably the most boring argument in the history of time but to me it is telling. One, Marcy is a cool wife. Two, somehow I've gotten my priorities all screwed up if I'm thinking house and family first and biking second. Quick, someone hit me over the head with a 175mm crank. There, that's better.

While ride time has been zilch lately, I am happy to report that work on the house is progressing nicely and if things go well, we'll be finishing up the first floor decking this weekend and since we've built all of the first floor exterior walls at my parent's already, the first floor framing will follow shortly after. Good times.

Again, with zilch riding time (a whopping 45 minutes total last week!) I'm struggling to find a way to stay in shape and as a result, on Friday, I started doing my cyclo-core workouts again. Not the full blown workout on Friday, just a refresher because, as I found last year, if you jump into that program full bore you're likely to end up in a hospital bed. Anyway, I did an abreviated version on Friday and by Sunday I could barely walk and yesterday, a full three days after the workout, I could barely walk up and down stairs. That Grahme Street is a sadistic bastard but with such short and intense workouts they should keep me somewhat on track. One word of warning though, if you buy one of his programs (they are good) do not under any circumstances give him your primary e-mail address unless you enjoy getting daily "get strong quick" e-mails.

3 comments:

Jason said...

Selma?

A buddy mine did the cyclo-core thing too. He said it was hard core AND that the e mails were relentless!

rick is! said...

relentless isn't the word for it. i'll give jahovah's witness' my addy before him again!

selma would probably be the choice but i'm going to wait to see how the house expenditures work out.

Groover said...

Good on 'ya. I did core strength in the gym on Tuesday night and was able to laugh again by Friday lunch time. Laugh pain-free, I mean. :-)