Monday, November 24, 2008

The definition of futility


Is me trying to grow a beard. A few weeks ago, a couple of my bikeman peeps invited me to join a "grow a beard for Christmas" facebook group. Initially I passed because me trying to grow a beard is like George Bush Jr. growing a brain, try as we might, it just aint gonna happen. Eventually, I decided to give it a shot, not because I thought I would be successful but because it would give me an excuse to not shave for a while. Over the last couple of weeks, I've managed to grow only a mustache and goatee without even trying, sort of Joe Dirt style. I'm thinking that if I grow my scraggly facial hair long enough I'll be able to do a comb-over of the bald spots. Super classy.




It's been about 3 weeks since I last touched a bike and I admit, it's been tough going but thankfully I've got house construction to distract me and we're making some huge progress. In the last couple of weeks, despite working a beyond full time job, we've been able to get the first floor decked AND all of the first floor exterior walls framed and up. Given the relative complexity of the design (most of the walls are different heights and angles (frickin architects!) and my relative lack of any construction skill, that is a pretty good feat. The reality is that while I'm seriously busting my hump out there we'd be nowhere if we didn't have such a great group of family and friends willing to give up a day of their time to help us out. Quite honestly, we don't deserve it but I'm not going to tell them otherwise until we done. Suckers.
Marcy loves to grind...

7 comments:

Jason said...

ddddude. that beard. I don't know what to think? Other than MY GOD DO YOU LOOK SEXY!!

rick is! said...

between the beard, the carhart jacket and tool belt I could do an old spice commercial. sexy AND smelling like your grandfather.

Jason said...

Carharts are so "weekend New Englander". Old Spice is THEE choice of gay sailors everywhere!

Happy gobble a gobbler day.

Wheels said...

If a mustache is a "dickbroom," what's a goatee?

rick is! said...

hey man, this is a family blog. a really crappy family blog, but a family blog none the less. :)

Anonymous said...

Dood, I couldn't recognize you with the beard today (5 Dec, Old Port drive by). Nice job. - Bill

rick is! said...

it is quite manly, I know. I was seeing touches of gray in yours, it's time for "just for men" I think!