Monday, September 15, 2008

In With A Snip


Over the weekend, the fam headed down to Newton Mass to meet my new nephew, Max. He is a good looking kid (has to be if he's related to me!) but unfortunately for him, Sunday was his bris (snippy, snippy time for you non-jewish folk). We had never been to a bris before so this was totally new territory and to top it off, I was one of the "helpers". Basically, after Max given Manischewitz wine to dull the pain, grampa and I held the poor guy down while the Mohel performed the circumcision. Thankfully, the procedure was quick and Max quieted down quickly afterwards and fell asleep.

This morning the proud parents found this entry in Max's journal:

Yesterday was day eight of my life. It started out just like every other day so far. I'm really getting the whole crying to be fed and then pooping on my parents thing down pat. Things got weird after lunch though. Mommy let me have my first wine. Sure, it was Kosher and cost $3.99 a bottle but I was eight days old so who was I to complain? I tied on a good buzz and quickly fell asleep. The next thing I know, I have a searing pain down below. I tried valiantly to free myself but to no avail. Before I knew it, I was being given more wine and soon I fell back asleep. Today when I woke up, I had a blistering headache and a bandage on my penis. I'm never drinking again.

Ooohhhh, I just checked the results for yesterday's race that I missed, the GrillZ, and see that there was an epic battle between Thom Parsons, Todd Wheelden and Andrew Freye with the three finished within 40 seconds in the Elite class! That would have been sweet to watch. Good job guys, can't wait to see the write-ups! With Todd finishing one spot ahead of Andrew it puts a real spin on this year's Master of Mud competition. I don't think either were planning on heading to the next race up in the stix of northern Maine but they should be in a dead heat after yesterday. I wonder who will make the trip to win it all???

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your blog is disturbing and painful to read.... but somehow enjoyable.

Wheels and I semi agreed not to go up north. So Wheels wins because he did one more race then I.

We have a tent site for bradbury 12. If you want to crash at our place fri to shorten you day sat you are more then welcome, give me a shout 485 0084

rick is! said...

just like my life, disturbing and painful but somehow enjoyable...

I'll give you a shout later in the week when I know what is going on. I'll be there for sure sat morning but it could be nice to be nearby. All depends on if I get my sh*t together beforehand or wait til friday...