Thursday, September 11, 2008

In the name of science

I got a comment yesterday from Jason Mahokey (aka Soiled Chamois) that while I've been on hiatus he's had more people driven to his blog by searching for my name. Two things came to mind when I heard that. First, where are these "rick nelson" searchers when I'm posting? Because based on my hit numbers they aint comin' here. Secondly, I need to get in on this action. As a result, you may start noticing me scattering some other bloggers' names in here so that maybe I can catch some of their readers. Sure, people looking for Elden Nelson (aka Fat Cyclist) will be mighty disappointed when they get here and find that I'm not nearly as funny as Fatty and I don't give out free shit but that is a risk that I'll have to take. Maybe, if I'm lucky, they'll see one of my nose picking pictures and be hooked for good. Probably not.

Also, just to keep this from looking like a desperate attempt for readers I'm going to go ahead and say that I'm doing this as "research".

Here goes (starting at the top of my "blogs I read" section), the other day when I was talking to Todd Wheelden (Wheels), he commented on how he really likes Guitar Ted's blog because of his insights into 29" wheels. Jeff Kerkove, who used to work and ride with G.T., remarked to his bff, Sonya Looney, that he was sad that Adam Craig had an unfortunate start in the olympics and missed his chance at glory. Adam, being a mainer like myself, just loves to ride with Andrew Freye, John Burns and Mike Joos (sorry, I went out of order there) when he comes back to his old stomping grounds.

There, that's a good start. Tomorrow will be Andy Sanidas through Namrita Odea.

Ok, I've got to go take a shower, doing this has made me feel all used car salesman dirty.

5 comments:

Groover said...

Funny though ... When are you going to post the results? Might try this myself if it works. :-)

rick is! said...

so far I've got diddly squat from it but I have faith!

Wheels said...

Shameless self-promotion. Story of our sad bike-blog lives!

rick is! said...

sadly it doesn't seem to be working well. apparently my peeps just aren't that googleable.

Jason said...

That's some serious linking skills. I need to start doing that rather than talking about feecus, gas, puke, nipples, taints, thee anus, self pleasure, etc., etc.,

j

ps. I hope Google doesn't pick up comments or you're gonna have all of my readers (aka pervs) comes here.