Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Promises

I know I had promised to do a race report from last weekend's race but because of the move, my digi camera is MIA temporarily and since I had like two whole pictures from my pre-ride (both of Mad Mike unfortunately) I guess I'll put off the report for another day. Whatever will you do without my nauseatingly long, nonsensical race regurgitations? Read another, more interesting blog is my guess.

Meanwhile, between trying to figure out our new house (excavation for the foundation will probably start next week), unpacking and working my arse off in the office, I find myself dreaming about the next race that I might just maybe do if the moons align. The Bradbury 12 is coming up next weekend and I can't help but want to race. This would absolutely be my last race of the season so maybe it's doable. If I do manage to race I think it'll be on my El Mariachi single speed. I have no idea why I'd torture my untrained body like that but it seems like the right thing to do. Maybe it's the fun of riding a single, maybe it's that I don't expect to win on a single, maybe it's the sweet Carver frame that the single speed winner gets? Maybe, just maybe it's all of those things.

Happy trails.

2 comments:

Jason said...

Keep the hiatus going. You being "off" is the only way I get any readers. They look for you and get me. Oddly I can almost FEEL their disappointment via the WWW.

rick is! said...

interesting. You've given me an idea to drum up more hits here!