Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I'll take that with a side of no Selma

Due to popular demand, I won't be mentioning my lust for the new Salsa Selma today. Sure, I could go on and on about how her beautiful blue bits make my tingly or her carbon ass end goes twang when you flick it but I won't because you come here for more than just Selma blather, you come her for the insightful, um, humorous, um, the indignant, um, to be honest, I don't know why you come here. Truth be told, I barely make it here on a daily basis.

Anyway, onto non Selma-y bits.

Last week I finally got fed up with my Garmin Edge 305. It's a cool rig with lots of nice features (funny enough, it's the ability to import workouts that I like best, GPS is a distant second) but it has become so finicky that I can't use it. Every time my bike would hit a bump it would shut off. Yeah, that's a great feature on a mountain bike. In the end it couldn't even handle being mounted on my road bike so I'd have to stuff it in my jersey pocket. Useless. So, anyway, I called Garmin and they had me send it in. I hope the just replace it with a new one but I'm not crossing my fingers. If they just fix it I'll be happy.


Continuing our quest for world domination, Marcy and I picked B up from daycare on our bikes again yesterday and I've got to say, my plan is working. As you can see from the photo, the kids are totally into the bikes and trailer and are practically begging for a ride (or maybe just to be released into the wild). Also, on a good note, the parent who I had planted the trailer seed with (that sounds pretty bad huh?) the other day got to see our trailer and was grilling me about costs, safety etc while his daughter kept saying "I want one of those" in the background.


5 comments:

Dana said...

Picking up your daughter on the bike, with the other kids looking on, is so cool!

rick is! said...

it is pretty cool to see how interested the kids are. gotta hook them early...

Dana said...

Agreed. Wish I had gotten my hooked early. She was a teenager and I tried to get her on the bike. After a couple fall-overs with the clipless pedals she was done. One day I hope she'll get hooked like me! (Well, perhaps not quite that hooked.)

Jason said...

I tell you I always wanted wanted of the Garmin's but EVERYBODY I know who has had one has had issues. I just don't think they're ready for mountain biking yet. Or at least it appears. Hope they take care of you.

j

rick is! said...

yeah, once this one is fixed, I'm going to try to figure out a way to mount it to my arm, kind of i-podish to keep it from being vibrated to death.