Monday, September 29, 2008

I Feel Dirty
My weekend of sin is over. You see, barely a minute went by this weekend that I wasn't dreaming about/lusting for young Selma and her lustrous blue/gray tubes. Lucky for me, Marcy understands and is willing to make it happen. A Ricky sammich if you will.
Marcy told me on Saturday that she had been wanting to get me a new bike but had no clue what it would be or how she would go about building it up so when she saw my lustful, pubescent Selma post the other day, she clued me in on her plan and gave me the go ahead to build her up. Unfortunately, Selma isn't available until February which means I have lots-o-time to think this build through proper. I'm sure of a few things already, I'll be running Stan's hoops because I have to have tubeless, a Reba fork and Ergon grips. Beyond that, things are up in the air and next year's Bikeman.com sponsorship will weigh heavy on my choices. I suspect I'll have lots of SRAM/Avid bits before things are said and done.
During one of the few, lust free, moments I had this weekend, I snuck in a quick ride with my father and brother after helping my dad bust up a concrete block chimney (sledgehammer time baby!). The ride, for the most part was uneventful but it was nice to be out (only my second ride since the Bradbury 12) none the less. The one memorable moment came towards the end of the ride. We were heading down a narrow, old, washed out road and I was letting things flow with my hands off the brakes as we descended the slick as snot ledges. Unfortunately, Darren was trying to stay on my heels with his not so great bike and not so great skills (he's getting there though) and as he came down one of the ledge pieces he touched his brakes, augered his front wheel in and ate a serious shit sammich. I glanced back in time to see him skidding down the trail on his front/side and I thought for sure he was going to be hurt. By the time I got off my bike and headed back up his way, he was on his feet and doing the comical "ouchie run" down the trail right past me. I couldn't help but laugh once I knew he was ok.

No comments: