Friday, August 15, 2008

Almost Go Time

Eek, the Hampshire 100 is almost here and I'm a bit freaked. I haven't even thought about what will be in my drop bags, what I'll eat/drink, which pack I'll be using etc. Last year I didn't use a camelback and that really hurt me on a couple of occasions. If you remember, I was wheel sucking for a good part of the race last year and having to stop for drinks while the suckee didn't have to stop made things difficult so I've decided to try a pack this year so that I don't have to stop as often. The real question is do I use my standard small camal back type bag or go with the Ergon BD1? The BD1 is more comfy and can carry more stuff but taking the bag off during the race really isn't an option since that takes longer than grabbing stuff at the aid stations. Using a regular camel back will allow me to roll through the first two aid stations since I'll have plenty of fluid and food with me, I'd pitch the pack somewhere around mid-race and ride lighter for the second half. I think I just made my decision. Thanks for listening.

Tonight (or tomorrow) I also have to swap some tires around for the race. I sure hope that the Stans cooperates... and then make the trek over tomorrow afternoon. Once again, I'll be sleeping in the back of the Element for the night. It worked pretty sweet last year so I'm going for it again. Easy, breazy camp set up and break down for sure.

No comments: