Wednesday, August 13, 2008


On a Positive Note

I realized the other day that most of my recent posts have had a negative slant. There are many possible reasons for this that I've probably bitched and moaned about them enough here already so I'll spare you. What I will tell you is that I promise to be more positive in my posts from now on. In order to do this my expectations will be changed drastically. For this weekend's race, the Hampshire 100, for example where I was going for the win last year (and did win my age group) I'll be going in with the only goals being to finish and have fun. Will I race hard? Of course, that would be like asking Chance if he wants to lick himself. Sure, he may not intend to but you know for sure he'll be slobbering all over himself before the day's over. It's part of what makes him a lovable mutt so why try to change him. I'm the same way, I may not intend to race but I know that before the day is over I'll throw down with whatever meager reserves I have and have a blast doing it. Afterwards, maybe I'll even try to lick myself. Again.

My weekly riding expectations will be changing as well. I'm setting my weekly goal

On to positive things.

Today, I commuted in. It was a short, easy ride but it felt awesome to be back on the bike after this weekend's race. There, that feels better.
Rating: 1 extremely satisfied squirrel.

4 comments:

Groover said...

That's one big nut for a little squirrel ... :-) Good luck with your race!

Unknown said...

Enjoy and have fun... in a competitive way.

Jason said...

Good luck with the race. But more importantly with licking yourself. If I could do that, I'd never leave the house.

rick is! said...

thanks guys. gotta make this one a good one!