Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Weekend rundown




It was a long holiday weekend and much happened. Too much to really go into with my compressed schedule this week so I'll give a brief run-down.

Thursday, after a morning meeting down in Portland I took the opportunity to hit up Bradbury State Park mid-day. I don't often get down that way so driving by on a beautiful, clear, sunny day was SOOOOO not an option. I only had time for a quick spin but the 1hr there had me on more single track than I usually get in two weeks.




Singletrack sampling.






Ride rating: 1 squirrel - it was a short ride but playing hookie from work brings it up a notch

Saturday, I had offered to help the 'rents put in a bunch of hay. I figured there was no better way to prep for a long, hot afternoon in the fields than to do a long, hot ride beforehand. So I "mapped" out a route to my parents that would take me over many hills, including the dreaded Moody Mountain Road with its 18-20% grades. I was giving myself 3 hours to ride and 1/2 hour to clean up and eat before hitting the trails. Unfortunately, I didn't bother to figure out the length of the route, I was going by feel. Well, my sense of feel sucks and I ended up riding a bit over 3.5 hours (only warming up after two hours) and had just enough time to eat a banana and have a glass of milk before getting into my red neck gear and heading into the fields.





Got a big pull from these guys after passing them just after the crest of Moody Mountain.

My bro flexing the guns. Check out my bad ass farmers tan!


Ride rating: 1 big balled squirrel - the ride wasn't quite what I had hoped but chucking hay bales in 80 degree weather for 5 hours afterwards added to the difficutly rating.




Monday was my commute day. Easy ride in in the morning followed by what was supposed to be an interval session for the commute home. Got the call mid-day that Marcy wasn't feeling well so I ditched the intervals for a TT session from office to work. 13 miles in 35 minutes (including a stop in town for traffic). Close to a record but not quite.

Ride rating: 1/2 squirrel - a good but short ride.





Posted by Picasa

No comments: