Monday, July 07, 2008

The Unveiling

Last week while riding with Mike and Wheels in Camden I had the opportunity to ride with Mike's new pooch. She's a german shephard/huskie mix named Penelope, Phoebe, Payton or someting-or-other starting with P. Whatever the name is, it makes me think that secretely Mike carries P around in a dog purse on the weekends while he goes "lawn saleing". Anyway, P is a pretty decent riding dog, she's super fast, sticks with us well and gets the hell out of the way when yelled at. All good attributes in a riding dog. During one of our re-groups I noted her speed to Mike and he said "that's nothing, you should see her when she goes after a squirrel. She has another gear."

What does this have to do with me and "the unveiling" I alluded to in the title? Well, I've decided to (and already have begun to) use the term "squirrel" in my daily riding. Basically, I use it anytime I need to kick things up a notch beyond what you would typically do. In Space Balls terms Squirrel would be on par with Plaid (you know, beyond lightspeed, beyond ludicrous speed right into plaid) or if you prefer a Spinal Tap analogy, Squirrel is like turning it up to 11.

So basically, whenever I unleash the fury I'll be hitting Squirrel. Simple enough. In addition to that though I'm also going to start using Squirrel as a rating system for rides as well as in "that was a 2 squirrel ride". Why? Well, I've been feeling like this blog needs a gimmick. Dicky has his Mike Piazza bobble head doll, the Fat Cyclist has humor (you won't be finding much of that here!) and Jason has, of all things, interesting writing so I figured I needed to have SOMETHING. Sadly, this is it.

Enjoy your frickin squirrels.

3 comments:

Jason said...

Interesting?? Jesus I'm blushing. Cheers to "going squirrel" (bitch to spell, but cheers to it anyway).
BTW B-Man just saw the cartoon squirral and went ape for it. Nice.

rick is! said...

Intereting writing, pointless drivel. six one way, half dozen the other...

Jason said...

bitch.