Monday, July 21, 2008

Easy Come, Easy Go


The resurrection of Maine's biggest mountain bike race was fun to think about for a few days but, unfortunately, it's yet again cancelled. Bummer. In a way it's probably a good thing from my point of view. You see, over the weekend we did indeed get an offer on our house and we have a signed deal. If things go well on Thursday with the inspection it'll be balls to the wall house wise as we try to figure things out. You know, silly things like designing the new house, finding a place to stay, packing our stuff. You know pointless things. This means, of course, that riding is going to take a bit of a back seat for a while, maybe even for the rest of the summer. Sure, I'll still ride and do some races but I think that my quest to de-throne Wheels from the Master of Mud are through (in reality my only chance was if he ate some tainted peppers). The good thing is (again assuming that the inspection goes well) is that by spring we'll be into the new place and I'll be able to focus on next summer.

2 comments:

Wheels said...

Them peppers are hot going in and going out. I ain't eatin' them again. Don't let the real world interfere with your quest!

rick is! said...

this is the real world at the pace of squirrel.