Friday, July 18, 2008

Fresh Pave

Over the course of the last month the Maine DOT has been very busy in our area. First, the re-paved "the road which shall not be ridden" making it rideable again (still only in the early morning before the yahoos are up), then last week they re-paved our road which was easily the nastiest section of pavement in my commute. It was bad enough that I didn't even like riding my mountain bike on parts of it for fear of disappearing into a nasty pothole. Now, they're working on the section of road on the approach to the unmentionable road. When all is said and done, my morning commute will be on 100% fresh pavement (all paved within the last 15 months)! 13 miles of silky smooth road. You know what this means don't you? Now that the roads are freshly paved we'll probably sell the house immediately so that I can't enjoy it. Oh well, I guess that would be a good thing too.

1 comment:

Jason said...

oh, that looks smmooooooth. enjoy.