Friday, May 30, 2008

T-minus 26 hours

Only 26-ish hours left before go time and I'm finally feeling like a human being again. For the last several days I've been so swamped that riding just couldn't happen. I could find a bit of time to ride but the will to do so wasn't there. Not good with a big race this weekend. Thankfully, I was able to get myself to ride the mountain bike in this morning and after about 20 minutes I actually felt good again. For a few minutes I was actually having fun. Maybe this riding thing is fun after all...

I did make one nice discovery on my ride in this morning. Our new property has an old road that bisects it and I didn't really know where it came out or what it was like so this morning, as I rode by on my commute, I jumped into the woods to check it out. It turns out that shortly after leaving our property it turnes into some pretty sweet single track that the locals use to walk their dogs and ride their horses. I weaved and bobbed through it for about 5-10 minutes and came out on the road just 1/4 mile from the Schmid Preserve where I jumped back in and continued my commute. I haven't checked out the gps info from the ride yet but I bet I'll be able to easily connect the trail to the Schmid Preserve without hitting the road.

All for now.

No comments: