Sunday, June 01, 2008

Pat's Peak 6 hr

I had hoped to do a full race report today but, quite frankly, I don't have the energy so a full report will follow shortly. For now, a brief lowdown

Start race at xc pace. Woopsie.
Course was awesomely fun but had lots of climbing and tricky descents. 850' of climbing for each 30-ish minute lap.
Suffered like a dog after hour 3.
Went into damage control and tried to defend a good gap to 4th place.
Roll across the finish line at exactly 6:00 pm. Good timing.
Find out that I did indeed get 3rd overall out of 33.





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Podium, well done

Jason said...

Great job. I think you were right to go out XC pace. Anymore that IS the pace for the podium guys. Shleps like me are still going "endurance" pace (slow). ;)

Congrats!

rick is! said...

thanks guys. hopefully I'll have the real report today.

Unknown said...

Nice job!! That course was kick ass!, it was a little to wide open over all, but my guess is that will get better as time goes on.

rick is! said...

Thanks Andrew. I see you had a kick ass day on Sunday as well. Congrats!