Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Final prep

Only four more days until I throw down in my first multi-hour event of 2008 (I'm not counting the Winter XC because that was just for fun) and as a result I'm finally thinking about what I'll do this weekend. Before today my only real "planning" consisted of deciding to drive there day of race so I can get a good night's sleep, do the race and then maybe stay over and do the xc race the next day. Nothing else had been considered. Maybe I'm a procratinator, maybe I'm real busy, maybe both. What I do know is that it's a big race prep wise (for me at least) so I'd better get thinkerin'.




Yesterday's "similar course" pre-ride that I had planned at the Camden Snow Bowl got rained out. I was supposed to ride with Mike but just as I was about to head out he e-mailed me and suggested I bring a snorkel and fins. Not good. I had felt crappy all day anyway so I was kind of happy to have an excuse to lay low (do work from home) and let the systems rest up a bit and I'll be hitting the bowl today instead. The temps are going to be in the mid sixties so it should be a sweet ride.

All for now, time to get to work!

4 comments:

Andy, R&D said...

your gonna dig that race. loads of climbing in a 5 mile loop. u doin the 12 hour thing? wish i could make it.

Jason said...

Good luck.

Wheels said...

French Freye and I will see you there and cheer you on!

rick is! said...

and hand ups too I hope! :)