Saturday, May 24, 2008

OK, I DIDN'T need that!

After Thursday night's 11 hours of sleep I figured I'd soon be on the mend with the whole sore throat/fatigue thing that was going on in the bod. By Friday evening, I was feeling pretty good. Right up until bed time when I realized that it was going to be a loooonnnng night. Have you ever gone to bed and knew that you weren't going to be able to sleep? Well, that was me last night. I hit the hay at 11pm, layed there for two hours and finally gave up and headed for the couch and some late night tv viewing. I'm not sure what time I finally fell asleep but I do know that it was after 2. Then, for some fastastic reason, I woke up again at 5 and couldn't get back to sleep. Awesome. Needless to say, I felt like crap today. I had hoped to get a mountain bike ride in with the pooch but given the circumstances, I figured it was better to just focus on the family time. That, at least, turned out to be a good idea. We hit up a minor league baseball game thanks to my retirement/life insurance folks, met up with some friends, did a bit of shopping at the new Cabelas (our first trip there and I have to say that it wasn't all that it's cracked up to be. sort of the Wal-Mart of the outdoor world. Give me LLBean anyday.) and then headed home to mow the lawn. Full and happy day.

Hopefully tomorrow has a multi-hour road ride to remind the body what it is like to ride for more than two hours at a time. With next weekend's race the body will need a refresher.

pre-game walk in the park.




at the game

No comments: