Friday, May 23, 2008

I needed that.

Once again I've found myself putting in uber long hours at work this week, getting decent family/ride time but far too little sleep. Wednesday night it finally caught up to me. I was sipping a Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA while working (at close to 10 pm!) when I started to get a sore throat. I thought that maybe I was dehydrated so I switched to drinking water but it didn't help. When I woke up Thursday morning I had a really bad sore throat. That kind of sucked because I had to ride in yesterday since I had left my car at work Wednesday night so I could ride home. So I was forced to ride in feeling well below par. To top it off, I had 10 hours of meetings yesterday where I was talking CONSTANTLY. By the end of the day I just wanted to have my throat removed so I could lie down and die.

Once home I had dinner and then hit the couch. By 7:30 I transitioned to the bed and fell asleep. Up at 6:15 (almost 11 hours later!) and I still have a freaking sore throat. Frick. At least I'm well rested now though. I find it kind of funny that just yesterday I left a comment on Groover's blog about wishing I could get 11 hours of sleep in and then that night I do. Maybe I should comment that I want a manage a'trois next! :)

1 comment:

Jason said...

manage a'trois? nice. 11 years and counting here mojumbo! ;)

hope the throat is better. your throat, my back. It's the whole hell/hand bag thing.

saltwater dude. saltwater.

j