Tuesday, April 22, 2008

more trail time and rock chucking losers

Got some more time in on the dirt on this morning's commute. Wish I could say it went well. When I rolled out the door this a.m. the legs were feeling pretty sluggish, mostly from yesterday's interval session but I also think it's time to take a few easy days to let the legs rest. This week was supposed to be a low intensity/rest week but because of last weeks mess and lack of riding I figured it would work as my rest week. Guess I was wrong. Tomorrow will be a day off and Thursday will be a very easy commute. Huh, I wrote that as if you might care. Sorry.

Anyway, back to the story at hand. By the time I made it to the first trail head my legs had started to snap out of it and were feeling a touch better but when I went to adjust my bb to change to a more trail friendly gear on the ss my ride pretty much went to hell in a handbasket. Apparently, over course of this winters copious commute hours in crap ass weather, the bolt that secured the bb in place has essentially siezed up. I torqued it enough to loosen it a bit but couldn't get it loose enough to change gears so I simply tried to tighten it back up. Denied again so I was left with a bolt too tight to move but not tight enough to keep everything in place when riding. Long story short, finished the ride swearing after multiple dropped chains etc. Son of a bitch. If I had the tools to pull the bb out it would probably be easy enough to fix but I don't so I guess it's bikeman bound. Better get the Dos up and running quick.

No comments: