Wednesday, April 23, 2008

can your hydration pack carry this?




My BD1 can. Comfortably too I might add. My bro is getting a BD2, when he gets that I suspect he'll be able to carry the sump pump this connects to as well.

Yesterday afternoon, hours after "finishing" yesterday's meager post I realized that I didn't follow through on the title where I mentioned "rock chucking losers". Here is the follow through:

Saturday I was participating in a Green Build Expo at the local Y. Afterwards, on my ride home, I came upon a group of utes loitering on the side of the road opposite what is easily the crappiest trailer/property within a 5 mile radius of town. One of the utes, when he noticed me coming, bend down picked up what I assume was a rock and ducked behind the group waiting for me to approach. I did some quick mental calculations and determined the best course of action was to roll up slowly and see what happens. So I slowed down and started in the punk's direction. When he came into view and he saw me giving him the death look he quickly dropped the rock and pretended to be involved in the group's conversation. I continued to give him the stink eye as I passed and then continued on my way. Stupid f'ing punk. If I hadn't seen what he was up to I likely would have had an apple sized rock chucked at my head (the ditch they were standing in was filled with large crushed stone similar to what you see on the sides of highways). What the f is wrong with people?
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Jason said...

If i saw you coming I'd throw a rock at you too.

People are so f*cked.

j

rick is! said...

very good point.

Unknown said...

here is my hydration pack. i use it in the winter when I carry my XC ski on my bike and ride to pineland. It can hold a shit load of stuff! http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?page=bigelow-day-pack&categoryId=45578&storeId=1&catalogId=1&langId=-1&parentCategory=9197&cat4=1098&shop_method=pp&feat=9197-tn&np=Y

Groover said...

What a terrible story. Throwing rocks for no other reason than riding a bike??? I don't get that!

Same as I don't get why people drive pass you in a car and scream into your ear just for fun to scar you, or drive pass really close or even swerve into you or throw cigarette butts out the car window in front of you ...

Jason is right. Some people just are f#&^%.

rick is! said...

andrew, us earthlings call that a backpack! :)

I get the occasional scream and close pass but that is usually it. Once, on a group road ride, someone threw a half full pepsi that hit a buddy too. I always have to remind myself that 99.9% of the drivers I meet on the road are courteous.