Saturday, March 15, 2008

ride (and everything else) aborted

Well, this weekend is shaping up to be a real kick to the junk. For starters, we're getting yet more snow. Not a ton but enough to mess the roads up yet again and delay the onset of spring one more miserable day. Despite the crap-ass weather I decided to go ahead and go for the ride with the pooch as planned. So, I got geared up, loaded the mutt, drove to the trail head, realized there was no place to park because of giant snow banks, continued down the dirt, unplowed road, found a place to pull off, took this pick;



found out snowmobiles hadn't been out on the trails recently, slogged along for 10 minutes, turned around, back at the car 10 mintues later and drove home. I was bummed about turning back but I had to walk most of the 20 minutes I had been out on the "ride" so I figured it wasn't much of a loss anyway, plus, I figured the whole fam could go out snowshoeing in the afternoon. WRONG! Around lunch time Brynna started vomiting every few minutes and I started to feel sick myself. Drat! So not only were my ride/snowshoe plans aborted but I also made the call to cancel the ski plans for tomorrow.

Damn, life is good.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Not sounding to good your side of the ocean. Hope the weather starts to calm down and you get some time on the trails. Sure next week will clear up for you.

rick is! said...

thanks Hilton, i'm sure things will improve very soon which will surely improve my mood as well. I even bum myself out right now. Good news is that as of today, I can see my lawn again. Good sign!