Monday, March 17, 2008

enough of the bad juju

Phew, as Marcy told me yesterday, my posts from last week were really depressing and I have to admit, I was in kind of a funk but I woke up this morning feeling good and ready to attack the week! Too bad B is still sick. I won't let that stop me from being more positive though.

One good thing about being stuck in the house over the weekend was that I was able to finally finish the work on the downstairs "bike" room. It's been fixed up enough now that I'm not allowed to work on my bikes in there but it is a much better environment for the trainer and for B to master her artistic abilities.

From this:


To this:









I'll miss that 60's fake wood paneling though. (note: that is Marcy's bike on the trainer in both photos)

Last weeks training plan ended up in the shitter towards the end of the week so this week I'm going to concentrate on quality, quality, quality. Nothing but good stuff for me this week.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Jason said...

All that home makeover stuff must have REALLY brought out your inner gayness.

rick is! said...

inner gayness. Marcy would argue that getting to use the power tools brought out my inner manliness and pushed the gayness aside temporarilly.

Unknown said...

I hope you were wearing a helmet when working with those heavy duty tools. Room does look slightly better but would like to see more oil stains on the floor.

Jason said...

It sickens me that I have the image of you working on that room, power tools buzzing, super macho, but in a Village People sort of macho.

I kid of course. I'm not aloud to use power tools. Something about fears of an "incident". Whatever.

rick is! said...

I shudder at the thought of you "picturing" me doing much of anything. I banish me from your daydreams.