Tuesday, November 27, 2007

tired

Its funny, I've had no time to post since before the holiday but somehow I found time to ride almost every day over the last seven. I guess I've got my priorities all screwed up if I'm riding instead of blogging. I'll try to do better, I promise.

One of my rides of the past week was a sweet road ride the day after Turkey day. Its one of my favorite road loops to do when I only have 1 3/4 - 2 hrs to ride because it takes me over some decent hills with some beautiful views from the top of Damariscotta Lake, the roads are fairly quiet and most importantly (when its cold at least) there is a store at the mid-way point to get a warm beverage. The gods smiled upon me and lavished me with sunny skies with temps hovering around the freezing mark (which I'll gladly take over 40 degrees and rainy any day of the week!).

The payoff view after the days "big" climb.

My trick for keeping the nozzel of the bottle from freezing. It worked at the top of Mt. Katadhin in -20 degree weather so I figure it will work on the bike.

Without my bikeman jersey I was forced to go with jersey #2.

At the midway point I parked in the appropriate cool zone section with all the other cool (cold) kids.

1 comment:

Jason said...

Looks like a sweet ride.