Monday, April 02, 2007

Week in the can.

Yesterday finished off another pretty decent week saddle wise. Actually, considering the amount of time I spent working last week including a couple of 12+ hour days, it should be considered outstanding. To end the week right I planned a 60+ mile road ride up to my parents place while Marcy and B were at a baby shower (shudder). Off topic but have you ever been to one of those gems? I was forced to go to one a few years back and I don't think I've ever wanted to take my own life quite so strongly before. You can only oohh and aahh at cute little onsies for so long before you're looking for the gun cabinet or at least a bottle of clorox to chug.

Anyway, the plan was to hit up as many hills on the way up as possible. With this in mind I decided to do Climb-o-rama which would take me over some pretty nice stuff but it wasn't going to be quite long enough so I decided to tack on additional miles at the end to get me to my goal. It turned out to be a pretty sweet ride under beautiful, sunny skies and 50-ish degree temps. At the end I got in 3:40 saddle time and 62 miles. Damn good for me this time of year. Last year I was only able to pull off a couple of these rides and this year I already have several 50+ milers in. Hopefully this means I'm in for a good season.
First big climb of the day. Not sure what I was thinking by pulling a camera out while on a hill that touched 19%. Click on the pic and you'll see I was at 14% and a whopping 6.2 mph.
Hippee house at the top of the climb.

In the distance you can see the final climb of the day. My parents live at the top of it. Its a mile or so long with the first portion hovering in the 10% range than the final 1/2 mile easing out to about 5-6%. A real nasty way to end the ride. No cool down for me!

2 comments:

rick is! said...

you have a point. The light mount is handy though when my rides span into the early evening hours. To be fair though, the gps is on the STEM not the handlebars!

Jason said...

Maybe could install a lap top on the bars?

I dig the hippie house! Are they growing in there or what? ha!

That last climb looks sweet! If you're into that sort of thing. And I think that you are...