Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Be sure to watch.

I heard from fellow teammate Mary that a former competitor of mine (and many others in Maine) Daniel Vallaincourt will be racing in the US Open Cycling Championships this Saturday. In a bewildering move, NBC will actually be broadcasting two hours of it. Live even! With the stank-ass weather that we have coming for the next week, I'm sure I'll be hunkered down watching it. It'll be sweet to see a dude I've raced directly against many times duking it out with some of the country's best.

Also, in breaking news, I've reached my goal weight for the season! Since New Year's I've shed 12-ish pounds and am now back to the weight I was at in high school. Back when I was a scrawny bastard with a hella sweet bowl cut. This puts me a full 10 pounds lower than I was for most of last season and at least 5 lbs lighter than I've ever been since I started racing. It will be interesting to see how this translates in my riding. I would think that at a minimum, my climbing will improve since I won't be schlepping that extra weight over each climb.

No comments: