Thursday, March 01, 2007

What a difference...

...a couple of days make. Actually, it was more like 10 hours. Tuesday morning's nightmare commute was followed by a sweet ride home after work. Despite temps in the mid fourties, the snowmobile trails stayed firm and rideable leading to some very fun commuting.

For this morning's commute, I opted to ride the road bike so that I could work in some specific Friel perscribed workouts. I've found they can be done on the mountain bike but its usually much easier to do on the road. As usual I had the early morning dead leg thing going but with a couple of quick high cadence spin-ups I was able to wake up the sticks and launch into a 30 minute tempo/seated hill climb workout. I'll definitely have to remember those quick sprints for the next time the gams don't want to work. Tonight should be a beautiful ride home with temps hovering near 40. Man, I love March riding

No comments: