Monday, March 05, 2007

welcome back

sorry, long time no blog. I guess I just didn't have anything to say last week. Not that I usually do, mind you, but apparently last week was extra special boring. The end of the week marked the beginning of Marcy and my long ski weekend. Originally, we were supposed to go to Jay Peak in Vermont but opted for Saddleback in Rangeley instead. Shorter drive, cheaper lift tickets etc... Turned out to be a damn fine weekend. It snowed all day Friday on our way up leaving us with 14-16" of fresh for our first day of skiing on Saturday. Unfortunately for Marcy, most of the snow was blown into the woods during Friday's winds. It turned out to be good for me though since I prefer to ski in the woods anyway. There was so much powder in the woods that when I fell (which happened often) I would sink in up to my waist minimum, sometimes up to my chest. It was insane. After skiing, we went out snowshoeing in that same powder. It was hard work but so worth it.

We stopped off for a photo-op of me "hucking" off of a 4-5' drop, landing in a nice fluffy cushion of snow.

The approach.
From Saddleback


The launch
From Saddleback


The aftermath.
From Saddleback


Today (Monday) we decided to stay home to decompress. It was a good move because as a result, Marcy, B and I got to go for another snowshoe this morning and then I was able to sneak in a sweet 3:15 and 55 miles on the road thanks to a generous wife. My tired legs thank you Marcy.

No comments: