Thursday, February 22, 2007

El Mariachi and Butt-Tunes


I was perusing the Bikeman website this A.M. and noticed they have the El Mariachi complete bike up on their homepage. Damn, what a deal! For under 1600 clams you get a very nicely spec'd 1x9 bike with an easy conversion to single speed. If I were going to do the single speed 29'er thing this year, that would be the way that I'd go (but I'm not Marcy, seriously). That's easily cheaper than you could do the same build for from scratch. Wheels and frame alone would run you over a grand. As usual, Salsa's paint job is pretty sweet too but from the looks of it, they stayed a bit more conservative than usual avoiding all of the pin stripping. Its not for me this year but one of you lucky guys can be rolling large this year.


Order up your super sweet steel (is real) El Mariachi today.


I just got this from RoadBikeRider.com


"---Pearl Izumi has just introduced bike shorts that are Bluetooth compatible and have an integrated Mp3 player with 16 hours of storage. The Vertex MP3 Bib Short sells for $500, and if you can afford that you can probably afford the hospital bill. Just think -- drivers will no longer be the only people on the road distracted by a cell phone in one ear and music in the other."
Holy shit! What the hell is Pearl Izumi thinking? Bluetooth and mp3 shorts!?! I could understand a jersey having those capabilities (safety issues aside) but shorts just don't make sense to me. It seems like that is the last place you want extra wires, batteries etc. Unless, of course, you talk out of your ass (as many blowhard riders do) in which case, that is the perfect location.

4 comments:

Marcy said...

Isn't that why you got me such a sweet camera? I am no longer in a position to say no. :)

rick is! said...

a good idea in theory but there's no cashola left! ;)

Jason said...

That is a freaking deal on El Mariachi. Why must I lust after the 3 "Bs" Bikes, Beer and Broads ;)

Hope B-Girl is feeling better. Nothing like a sick baby to turn a house upside down.

j

rick is! said...

she seems to be on the mend. slept through the night last night at least so thats a start.