Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Tick, tick, tick

Last night I found a tick on me. A freaking deer tick, embedded and engorged. I didn't realize what it was initially because it was in the spot just below and between the shoulder blades that you can just barely reach but can't see too well. I only noticed it because I happened to be scratching in the area, felt it and started to dig at it. Ick. Apparently it has been there for several days because it was already dead. So, I'm going to have to get on the horn with the doc today and get shot up with some antibiotics. Good times. I'm sure its only a coincidence but I've had headaches and achyness for the last several days, just like lyme disease. Yippee!



It was 36 and drizzly when I rode in this morning and I had stupidly underdressed. Idiot. By the time I got in, I could barely move my fingers. To top it off, the shower at work has roughly 1 minute of hot water before it turns tepid so I couldn't even soak to warm up for ten minutes. One thing that I never skimp on though is my visibility. My bike has three flashers on it. Two in the rear and one white flasher in the front. In addition to that, I have reflective accents on my shoes, messenger bag, gloves, jacket. You name it, its reflective. I probably look like the freakin mother ship coming in for a landing but at least I know that there is no way somebody can not see me. They may not be paying attention to what their doing and still plow me over but at least I know that when the jackass puts his cell phone down and stops watching the girls gone wild dvd on his drop down screen that I'll be the first thing he sees. I've actually had a car stop me and tell me how visible I am on the road and as a father that makes me feel good.

1 comment:

Jason said...

You're like a rolling Christmas tree. Good move though. Driver's are idiots.