Monday, November 27, 2006

yummy

Yesterday, the pooch and I did our weekly Sunday morning ride. Things were a bit wet but otherwise it was a pretty damn sweet ride. Thankfully hunting season is now over so we'll be able to venture out mid-week a bit more. Nothing much of real interest happened during the ride other than I'm getting a really good loop down that takes roughly 1:45 right now and can pretty easily be lengthened to several hours with a bit of out and back or road action thrown in to connect pieces.

What happened after the ride was most interesting. About 15 minutes into the ride Chance wandered off. I had a sneaking suspicion he had found a gut pile from deer left over from hunting season. Not wanting to deal with it at the time, I rode on expecting him to meet me back at the car as he does when we get seperated. About an hour into the ride, I stopped to adjust my headset when I heard his jangling collar approaching. Since he had managed to catch me, I assumed that he had simply wandered off momentarily earlier in the ride and not actually found a steaming pile of disgusting. We finished our ride without incident but when we got to the car my earlier worries proved to be true. Instead of hopping into the car, Chance proceeded to do the ole back arch convulsion and hacked up about 1 1/2 pounds of deer intestines. Excellent. Thankfully he was nice enough to do it before hopping into the car. Unfortunately, he didn't get it all out and I had a nice little suprise waiting for me on the living room carpet this morning. Nice way to start the day.

Photo evidence.















Aren't you glad you checked this blog today? Where else can you find a photo of regurgitated deer intestines? Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jason said...

Regurgitated Deer Intestines. It's What's For Dinner®

Great, just great.

j