Monday, December 04, 2006

Does it get any better?

Its been pretty boring ride wise in these parts recently.  Aside from the occasional commute and maybe one weekend ride, there isn’t much to report.  This weekend was devoted to child care and house renos so my ass didn’t touch leather (saddles at least) all weekend.  I did bust out the Cyclo-Core dvd on Saturday though and put the hurt on the lower body.  I’m still hurting today.  I felt ok on my commute in but just couldn’t really get a groove going.  After last Wednesday’s frigid commute I decided to dress a bit warmer this morning so I ended up being a touch over dressed.  If I’ve said it once, I’ve said it a million times, dressing for warm temps is easy, dressing for cold temps is easy, it’s this damn 30-40 degrees that freaking kill me.  I’m always a little too warm or cold, never just right.  Thank god for zippers by the time I rolled into the office I had my temp pretty well regulated.  When I got off of the bike though, I realized why I couldn’t get the legs going though.  I noticed that I had some nice brake rub going.  It wasn’t bad enough to be really noticeable but enough to really sap the legs.  I guess I didn’t get it dialed in right last night when I adjusted the chain tension.  My mechanical skills continue to astound me.

On a good note, I’ve now been using my Jandd Huricane bag for every commute for the last couple of months and I have to say, now that I’ve figured out the proper adjustments its pretty damn comfy.  It has also kept my gear nice and dry on a couple of rainy commutes.  If you’re in the market for a messenger bag, this is one to check out.

No comments: