Wednesday, November 01, 2006

quickie

Quick weekly update:

Most of my riding has been the occasional commute (usually Wednesday’s). Last Wednesday, on my commute home, I ran into a road construction delay. Being a jackass on a bike, I rode around all of the cars to the front of the line, crossed the street and waited at a cross walk. The flagger waved me through (before the huge line of cars I had just passed) so I proceeded to cross the bridge. Of course the f’in flagger sent me through while there were still cars coming from the other direction so I changed my route to go over the crosswalk behind a cat excavator. Behind the excavator was a pile of railroad ties and some other various construction detritus. I started to snake my way through but halfway there I slipped out and ate serious shit, munging up my hand, glove, knee and ankle. I’m guessing it was karma for passing everybody like an ass.

The scene of the crime.















My poor glove.















wah, wah, my poor hand.















I’m also doing some cx workouts a couple days a week before work. These’ll be good if I actually do a cyclocross race but more importantly it’s a way to liven up my workout schedule.

Chris Carmichael’s Train Right series of dvd’s are sort of boring but are actually a good workout and even though they are boring, help to motivate me while on the nowhere bike.

Some IMBA dude sent me and a couple of other people an e-mail about coming to Camden to do a trail care day next summer and wanted us to put in an application. I’m not sure who they got our names from or why they came to us but Jeff Kuller (the Snow Bowl’s manager) got the ap in on time so hopefully we’ll have a sweet trail weekend next summer.

That’s all. Posted by Picasa

No comments: