Tuesday, October 31, 2006

You still there?

Hey there, I’m still alive.  Honest, I’ve just been so f’in busy with work recently that I’ve barely had time to breath.  I have no time today either so I’m going to steal some verbiage from Bikeman.com’s team manager -Big Gay Al- about an upcoming cx race to be held in Portland this December.  I may try to hit this one since I bagged the New Gloucester races this fall.  Since it will be its first year in existence I should try to get out and support it.  Anyway, here you go:

“Sorry everyone, another shameless plug for New England cyclocross.  I went over course design this morning with the promoter for the Casco Bay Cyclocross slated for December 2nd in Portland, ME.  There is great opportunity for course layout. 
 
What I laid out for a possible course provides for several off camber sections including a STEEP one, lots of chicanes, paved start, some paved recovery sections, some fast sweeping grass turns, some straight grass horsepower sections and one pretty sweet quick descent.  It also has up to three dismounts per lap.  Two are natural, the first being a greater than 50% chance that is has to be run in dry conditions, the other probably right at 50/50 if it is a run or a ride in dry conditions.  The third is a man made dismount in the form of a standard double barrier at fairly good speed.  There is opportunity to see much of the course from one location with spectacular views of Casco Bay.  The course doubles back upon itself in several sections allowing racers and spectators to see racers coming and going.  It also allows for one double pit at nearly the midpoint of the course.
 
This will be a USCF sanctioned event and promoter's intent is to have it at a level above a small, local race like Milford, NH or even Sucker Brook in MA.  His intent is to have it closer to a Verge NECCS event with the same categories and cash payout to the higher categories.  So spread the word.  Hopefully all the New England Bikeman.com crossers will be able to make it.”

Sounds like it has the potential to be a good race.  We’ll see if I actually do this one.

1 comment:

Jason said...

do it! you got all that super fly cross gear now. Don't do if for me, or for yourself. Do it... for the blog!