Friday, September 22, 2006

Mission accomplished

Job well done. Yesterday I went down to Reid State Park to hit up the race course for next Sunday and got 3 fast laps in. Ok, 2 fast laps and one monkey fucking a football lap, but close enough. I’ll probably go one more time next week and bust out 3-4 laps and then I should be good to go for the race.

The pipeline.



















The course itself is a 29’ers wet dream. There is one section (actually about ½ of the course) called the pipeline that is nothing but big rocks and roots. It’s a total pain in the ass on a 26’er but somewhat more rideable on the Dos Niner. I’m hoping that if I can get the pipeline section dialed in I’ll be able to do some serious damage or at least make up time on some of the faster guys. We’ll see how it goes. Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Jason said...

Man, there's just enough room betweenst those rocks to suck up a 26er, the Dos9 should rock (no pun intended) j

rick is! said...

yup, unfortunately, the camera doesn't even truly capture the nightmarish-ness of the rocks and roots.

Andy, R&D said...

looks like some sweet new england riding!